Here you go! Here you go!

The retro filter really "makes" this piece, in my opinion. There's something very old-school silent-film about it and I dig that a lot. Great work!

shieldurhope responds:

Thanks. Mastering tracks usually takes me a lot of time only to get poor results. Who knew just lobbing-off the top and bottom makes such a positive difference. Thanks for the review.

Show Time! Show Time!

Man, if you had access to some better jazz horn sounds that would put this over the top. Well composed from a theory standpoint though! You clearly have a developing grasp of jazz technique and I imagine it is only going to get better.

DuttonsaysHi responds:

Wow thank you so much! :D As said on a previous review, I wish and hope one day I can actually work with live jazz instruments/players to compose something more authentic!

Also that's good to know man ^^ I'm glad you have faith in my jazz style :D thanks again!

Bosa Piano Intro Bosa Piano Intro

Very much like the last bit that leaves a feeling of things being not quite finished. I'm a big fun of unresolved tension chords, so that was quite well-done! Enjoyed the piece!

Bosa responds:

Thank you, sir!

The Train Tracks The Train Tracks

What a fun piece!

The dynamic stuff has already been hashed to death by others, so I won't re-iterate it here. The precision, and almost percussive, piano strikes remind me a lot of the kind of thing Thelonious Monk was so great at. This piece grooves.

An inspired idea with great execution. Well done.

shieldurhope responds:

Thelonious Monk, you say? I've been looking for some sort of inspiration, but typing percussive piano on Google doesn't cut it.

Thanks for the review. Hoping to get get more out soon.